Sunday, October 21, 2012

Fruit Smoothies/Frozen Yogurt

This has become an absolute FAV in our home. Thank God it's healthy, or we'd be in trouble...


We love ice cream (I blame my parents for always having a gallon or four in the house growing up, and I curse LeDuc's for their corruption of my childhood...) - So we've turned to frozen yogurt/smoothies as a dessert when we don't want to be too glutenous. 

I usually eyeball the amounts of ingredients, but for TWO-ish servings you'll need:
  • 1/2c skim or lowfat milk
  • 1/2c low fat yogurt (plain, vanilla or strawberry) 
  • 1c frozen fruits (strawberries, blueberries, mangos, pineapples, mixed berry, etc.)
    • I usually save a banana or two from the bunch or cut them up when they're turning brown and pop them in the freezer for smoothies later!
  • Blender/Ninja!
Directions: Mix ingredients. Ninja (or blend) to oblivion. Taste test - add more fruit for thickness, add more milk to soften. Ninja (or blend) some more. Smoothies = glass w/ fun straw. Yogurt = bowl with spoon. Devour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment