Saturday, October 20, 2012

Photo Word Wall Art

For a wedding gift, my sister-in-law gave us this awesome piece of art that spells our last name in photo "letters:" 
LOVE!

Now, it's hanging above some family photos in our hall:

Then, not long after, I came across a craft on Pinterest (no surprise there), that inspired me to make some of my own! I began with one for my stepson, Jordan. It turned out better than I expected:

It's hanging above his bed, now:

Then, my mom got into it, and we both came up with a few of our own:









I've seen Groupons for these puppies; upwards of hundreds of dollars a pop! WHAT?
So, to share this wealth of knowledge with the world, I've decided to explain how to make these yourselves.

Step One: 
Decide which word/name you'd like to create. Set out to different stores to find a frame that will fit the word (the largest frame I've seen had 6 openings, and it was from Kohl's). Kohl's has the greatest variety and usually you can get a great deal (especially when you get that lovely $10 Kohl's Cash in the mail!). Walmart and Target have a few of these, too. I haven't bought any online but I'm sure there would be more variety...

Step Two: 
Go here to download photo letters. You'll want to block out enough time to really look through and save a few of each letter that you like. First, decide on a theme/style or color to focus on. SAVE the "Medium size" photo if available. Create a new folder for each "word" for easier sorting.

Step Three:
I usually use Walgreens Photo for printing (great deals if you sign up for their newsletter and watch out for the coupons/sales!!!). Follow the directions below for cropping your photos so that they aren't cut off or printed horizontally - don't learn the hard way like I did!!!




Step Four:
Insert your photos into the frame and hang it up!  

Enjoy :)




No comments:

Post a Comment